Self Test Software is rebranded as Kaplan SelfTest to leverage the familiarity and reputation of the Kaplan name.
- Self Test Software partners with global enterprise-learning provider, Element K, to deliver virtual labs to its customers. Virtual labs help IT professionals prepare for networking certification by enabling them to connect directly with live equipment in a realistic networking environment.
- Self Test releases the first practice exam for a Microsoft Performance-Based Test (83-640) to allow the customer to practice in a live environment.
- Self Test launches Study Packs for Microsoft MCSE 2000, Cisco CCNA, Oracle 9i, and CompTIA A+ exams.
- Self Test releases its first test prep tools for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 certification exams.
- Self Test releases its first test prep tools for Windows XP exams.
- Self Test releases a new interface that includes integrated flash cards and a new customizable test engine.
- Self Test releases its first test prep tools for Windows .NET exams.
- Self Test releases its first test prep tools for Lotus R6 certification exams.
Self Test receives the designation of Cisco Authorized Practice Test Provider.
- Self Test releases its Windows® 2000 practice tests.
- Self Test releases its first CIW practice test, Foundations, in November.
- Self Test releases its first series of online tests for Oracle and Lotus.
- Self Test is chosen by Microsoft Press to provide content for its line of NT 4.0 Readiness Review books.
- Self Test expands its product line again by releasing practice tests for Cisco, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), and CompTIA’s Network+ exam.
- Self Test is awarded the distinction of Microsoft Certified Professional Practice Test Provider.
- Self Test becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Kaplan, Inc.
Self Test earns recognition as Oracle’s first and only Authorized Exam Simulation.
- Self Test works closely with Oracle, helping to promote their program as they create the Oracle Certified Professional Program.
- Self Test launches a full e-commerce website to deliver its products worldwide.
- Self Test provides the first international IT practice test actively marketed and delivered worldwide through its relationship with VUE.
- Self Test attains status as the First Official Practice Test Vendor for Microsoft.
- Big Red Self Test begins a year of product launches including Microsoft, Lotus, and CompTIA’s A+, and becomes "Self Test Software" to signify the expansion.
- Novell recognizes Self Test as "Novell’s Authorized Exam Simulation," initiating its quest for strong vendor relationships.
- Self Test solidifies its commitment to the industry by becoming an active member of CompTIA, working extensively on CompTIA’s advisory committees.
- Self Test and Lotus Education formalize their relationship, and Self Test becomes the recommended choice by Lotus for exam preparation.
Big Red Self Test launches a new Windows version of its practice tests.
Big Red Self Test launches the first commercially available IT certification practice test—a Novell NetWare test.